Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cannibal Corpse - Intro

Cannibal Corpse are one of the best-known and most influential death metal bands in the world. They're especially notorious for their lyrics and album covers, which push the limits of good taste to unimaginable levels with their graphic, violent imagery. But there's some actual good music behind all of the controversy, and that's what I'll be focusing on in my reviews.
The first time I ever heard Cannibal Corpse (or any death metal, for that matter) was on an online radio station, and I thought that the growling vocals were the most hilarious thing ever. I originally purchased Tomb of the Mutilated just to laugh at it, but I found out after repeated listens that I actually enjoyed it unironically. Today, death metal is one of my favorite genres. It's funny just how one can discover new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment