Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bruce Springsteen report

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band put on a hell of a show. First of all, his voice obviously isn't what is used to be, but it's amazing how good crowd-singing can make up for that fact. He performed "Born to Run" in its entirety, and it was definitely the best part of the show. It's my second favorite album of his (Darkness on the Edge of Town narrowly beats it out). Unfortunately, some of the other stuff he played wasn't quite as good (the happier stuff from the River, an album I find to be inconsistent, some stuff from later albums that I don't listen to very often, and a few that were released on the 4-disc rarities comp "Tracks").
The sound could have been better- the guitars sounded terrible for the first few songs. This is the first arena-sized show I've ever been to, though, so stuff like that might be par for the course. The crowd was really into it and they really added a lot to the experience. I left a little early because I wanted to catch the end of the Phillies game (which they won in amazing fashion)
The next concert I'm planning to see is GWAR when they come here in December. I'm expecting that the audience there will be somewhat different.

No comments:

Post a Comment