Friday, September 25, 2009

The best Metal-Archives page

NOTE: Some of the album covers linked to in the link are very graphic, so be warned.

The Encyclopedia Metallum is a website dedicated to cataloging all metal bands, no matter how obscure. Obviously, there are a lot of pages for obscure acts that are just hilarious, and my very favorite is the page for one Bob Egler. Bob has about a dozen projects to his name, and he has not once worked with another musician, unless you count a few splits. And he's so prolific- he released nine albums under the name Chainsaw Dissection in 2005 alone! And his appearance is just the icing on the cake- I did not need to see him topless, thank you very much, and his attempt to look "black metal" in the picture for Satanic Impalement is one of the funniest things I've seen in my life. I haven't actually heard any of his music, but I've heard people compare it unfavorably to Mortician (a band which doesn't exactly have the best reputation even among extreme metal fans). Egler makes Anvil look successful beyond their wildest dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment