Friday, August 7, 2009

Bands I'm not doing

There are quite a few bands that I enjoy which I won't be reviewing any time soon. Here are some of them:

ZZ Top: They stupidly remixed their first few albums so they would sound more like Eliminator; several of those albums have still not been released on CD in their original form. I really don't want to review butchered versions of these albums, so I'm going to wait until the original versions are rereleased.

Frank Zappa: His discography is WAY too long and has lots of dross in it. It's a shame because he's done some great stuff.

Jethro Tull: Even the 70's albums weren't all great (I disliked War Child and Too old to Rock 'n' Roll), and I fear to listen to their later stuff. A Passion Play is pretty underrated, though (except the godawful story about the hare that opens side 2)

Yes: Another really huge discography, but I really don't want to have to listen to Union. It seems like an enormous trainwreck, and not in an interesting way.

Jazz artists: Their discographies are huge, and I find the genre difficult to review. I might do some of the major fusion groups like Return to Forever, Weather Report and the Mahavishnu Orchestra if I can fill out their discographies, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment